There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day 2011

Today is National Running Day!

Pictures from the race were finally posted.  I love the ones of my kids and my family! I wish the Hubby had been able to join us, but I'm so glad I made the decision to sign the kids up!

I'm glad I decided to join this event. Just seeing the smiling faces of all the participants, *that* is a big reason why I enjoy running. No one is ever crabby at these events. Everyone is there because they want to be.  This is the energy that I need for myself.

And as much as I hate to see the full body shots of myself, I really need to remind myself, that this is me now. This is my starting point. This is where I never want to go back to, when I am finally healthier and in shape.  But for now, the pictures remind me that I can finish something I started. My kids love me and are proud of me. As are my family and friends.  And that is what keeps me going.

2 comments:

  1. Samien! I totally recognized you when i saw your picture. thanks for finding me and you are now in my reader.

    Way to go with the 5k. by chance are you a tweeter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James! I am rarely on my twitter acct! I am mainly on fb and now trying this blog :)

    ReplyDelete