There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I am...

So the last couple weeks have been very stressful for me. I've been craving lots of snacks, I haven't run very much (most days, not at all), and the scale has been unforgiving.  I've expected that from the scale and I own it.  Luckily it wasn't a huge jump, but I know I have work to do.

We have 2, soon to be 3, extra people living in our house now. Peace and quiet is hard to come by.

My brother got married recently, and I fit into the dress a size smaller than I was wearing before! YAY ME!! And as happy an occasion weddings are, this one was stressful too.  When my family gets together, things aren't always peachy. My younger sister can make things about her, and maybe she doesn't realize she's done it, but I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with being the baby of the family.

To my surprise, my brother had some of my parents' Cambodian friends there.  Sounds great and harmless, right? First words out of the woman's mouth "Oh, this is the fat one!"  Gee, thanks...

Might work as a cute nickname for... who am I kidding? That's just plain MEAN to say to a grown woman! And to one who knows that she's the fattest of the kids.  I was formal and cordial and pretty much didn't talk to her and her husband.  But it was an easy task to do with two little monsters running around.

Do I want to blog on and on about being called the fat one?  Or how stressed out I am?  Not exactly. I know how far I've already come, and I know I have further to go.  I'm RUNNING MY FIRST 10K on Saturday and I'm both nervous and excited.  More nervous than anything, but I can't wait to say that I ran a 10K!  And during Twin Cities Marathon weekend!  I didn't know that I would be running a 10K when I started on this running kick. I hoped I could, but it has been a lot of work.  As the mommy martyr, there's always something else I think I need to be doing rather than taking the me time and running or working out.  With the hours of daylight getting shorter, I know I'll get too comfortable after work and even in the mornings.

After Saturday's race, I am going to make some new goals. I am going to make some ATTAINABLE goals for myself to get me through the winter months. And hopefully get into smaller clothes come spring!  I am going to decide what races I'll run in 2012. Maybe not one a month, but hopefully longer distances.  And I am going to be happy with whatever decisions I make and know that I am doing them for a healthier me.  And I'll keep blogging as much as I can as a dormant 5K mom about my life.

What about you? What do you know about YOU?




1 comment:

  1. Who in their right mind would say that to someone? Oh, the audacity of some people!

    I can't wait to hear about the 10k! You will be terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete