There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankfully reflecting

I wish I could write more than once a week, but I just can't find it in me lately.  But I did want to write a bit about the reflecting I've been doing lately.

I did the Thanksgiving 5K and got to meet so many more Fat2Fit Pack members.  I love hearing the support from others who are on the same journey that I am.  It really means so much to me and I try to pass it on to others as well.  At the race, I didn't have my best time, and also didn't have my worst time. It was a nice little crowded run, but everyone was there to enjoy the morning and give thanks. I was thankful to actually make it out there considering I hadn't been feeling well at all earlier in the week!

I'm thankful for a lot of things. I'm thankful for the support I get to keep me moving towards my goal. I'm thankful that I'm getting healthier, both physically and mentally. I'm thankful for all the people in my life, even if I don't like them all the time.

Part of my reflecting included reading my previous posts. I think I lost sight of what I really want my life to look like. I forgot about the details of the 2 minute challenges that I hoped to achieve a year after writing it.  I forgot about how much I struggled while I was tracking food with points and now I'm doing much better, despite not writing down my intake and just mentally thinking about it (which isn't 100% helpful. Tracking is very important!).

I recently backed out of a photo shoot because of my arms. Yes, I said my arms. Of all the things that I dislike seeing in photos, it's my arms.  I'm sure some people would scoff, but I don't want to look back on the fun photo shoot and think about how much I disliked the look of my arms.  I'm determined to look better than I do now when I finally do this shoot.

Where am I at now?  I'm running the Polar Dash 5K on New Year's Day.  I have never run a race in the snow (obviously, since I just started running again this past spring!) and I'm hoping that it'll be a great challenge for me.  And fun, of course!  I'm hoping to run a few miles a week and to also mix it up with some DVD workouts.  I also found some cool workouts on Pinterest that I've started trying.  Short, quick workouts that I know I can fit into my busy schedule.  I'm hoping that I'll keep weight off during the winter and really hoping to lose some weight.  I like to hibernate during the winter and maybe this year I'll get out and do some cold weather activities.  One thing at a time though.

What are your winter goals?  Do you have any upcoming winter races?

Hopefully my next post is sooner than later.  I have another one in mind already and should get it out of draft form soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment