There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lead me not into temptation

I truly believe that I am married to the most wonderful man in the world.  I love our love story and our life and the support that he gives me.  And during this contest having his support has meant more to me than I could ever express to him.

Temptation.  The other night I had a long and hard workout at the gym.  I came home and there was my dear husband sitting in his recliner with a bowl of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.  He had that look of guilt on his face.  When I asked him about his expression, he said he felt bad eating ice cream in front of me when he knew that I couldn't have it.

Here's what I'm learning...  I know what vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup tastes like.  And yes, I could have had some if I really wanted it.  But I didn't really want it.  I haven't really wanted it or other desserts since starting the contest.  His thinking that I "couldn't" have it is something that we have discussed.  There will be a day when I will have the ice cream.  That day is not today nor tomorrow nor any day in the next 10 weeks plus two days.  This is MY choice to not have the extra sweets and junk food and just stick with the food as it is given to me and the snacks that I know are not empty calories.

In almost four weeks, I have not had a soda, a candy bar, ice cream, candy, cake, sushi, a buffet, or other fast food.  I've been around it all.  I've noticed the difference in my body, particularly in the clothes I wear.  It's also nice to have others see the difference too.  There is food that I know I'll be excited to try again because I remember how good it all tasted.

There are days that I struggle when people at work are bringing pans of cakes and brownies and cookies.  No one is going to know if I have just one of something, right?  But I will know.  As tempting as it all is, it's just not worth it to me right now.

I feel like the tone of this post isn't exactly the happiest, but I do have some exciting news.  My team was picked in the lottery and we will be running the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon on June 22nd.  If you remember, this race will be on my 35th birthday.  I'm super excited to run this race!  This will be Race #6 for this year.

I also have done a ton of reading at the gym this week.  I finished up the Between the Lines books by Tammara Webber and I've started reading Truth (Consequences #2) by Aleatha Romig.  Great books!  I've also been listening to more Maroon 5 since the concert is on Monday.  I can't wait!  Adam Levine is so dreamy... :)  Maybe my next post will include the concert.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. You have been so dedicated during this program! I am so proud of you! Keep focused! Chin up, face forward, and run headlong into the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job!! Keep up the great work!
    One question I have for you is how do you get to the point of no temptation? Some days I do so good and others it's like I think I might never get another chip/ carb for the rest of my life so I better induldge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! For me, I have a lot of support and a lot to keep me busy so that I'm not thinking about the chips and carbs. I do get carbs in my meals and they were carbs that I thought were "forbidden" while on a diet. Everything in moderation is how I see it too. But it is hard to learn self control and I know it'll get me ahead in the end. I will still have goals to meet after the contest.

      Delete