There was an error in this gadget

Friday, February 22, 2013

Race 1 of 2013

I'm finally posting about this first race.



















Now, I'll be honest. I didn't run outside in the snow and cold since it was January.  No way was I going to do that.  I did the virtual race inside on the treadmill.  Time wasn't important to me as I'm trying to build up my mileage again.  I'm anxious to get back outside and run the lakes and paths.  Today I was 90 seconds from running my first sub40 5K on a treadmill!!



I stopped it at this point because I was so excited to reach the 40 min mark. Then I didn't snap a pic at the 3.1 mile mark, but you can do the math.  I know I would have made the mark, but I did slow down a bit to talk to a friend and I couldn't talk and run at the pace I was going. It was worth it though since it was a good convo. :)

When I complete race #2, I promise that I will have lots more detail about it. :)  The Get Lucky 7K is a course that I really like.  I'm hoping to get a time around an hour, which I think is totally doable!  Other racing news, during the week of February 25th my team will find out if we got into the lottery for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in Duluth on my birthday.  Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment