There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 7, 2013

And Then She Jumped

We're in the fifth week of the contest now and I'm still going strong.  This week has been crazy and my schedule has been thrown off.  We were at the Maroon 5 concert on Monday.  Owl City and Neon Trees opened for them.  It was an awesome show!  One of the best concerts I've ever been to.  One of the differences for me being at a concert this time is that I only drank water.  Yup... no beers, no mixed drinks... I paid probably $4 for a 20 ounce bottle of water.  And I was fine with it.  I couldn't tell you a concert that I didn't drink alcohol at unless I was under age.
Maroon 5~ The gorgeous Adam Levine

I have not been to the gym in the morning at all this week. With the snow storm, concert, and just being tired, I haven't had it in me.  I did do a lunchtime run with intervals the day of the concert.  I knew I needed to do something.  I'll be back on track and I'm not worried one bit.

Last night at training I had a breakthrough.  Usually Tanya mixes things up with me and we'll do strength and cardio in the sessions.  She had me do mountain climbers AND she knows how much I HATE them.  I also mentioned to her that I feel like I whine more throughout these sessions lately.  It's something I've been thinking about because I'm really not much of a whiner when I'm working out.  Just when it comes to mountain climbers... and jumping.  I hate jumping.  Wait, I already said that, didn't I?  All the mommies out there know why I hate it too, without going into too much detail.  But anyway, I got to pick my cardio "poison" for the last set.  I thought hard and decided on jump rope.  I think I shocked Tanya!  She and I joke about what happens when I jump and she knows it's bothersome.  At the same time, if it's something good for me, I know now I can put the discomfort out of my mind.  And I did.  20 seconds of jumping rope, 10 second rest.  Repeat for a total of four times.  The best part.... I survived.

Making changes and challenging myself is not easy.  In this case, the discomfort only lasted for two minutes. I don't feel like a kid again when I'm jumping rope.  But what I can tell you is that I felt good and accomplished.  Sure I can run for a long distance and sure I can lift some heavy weights and do pushups on my toes and not half ass a burpee.  But being able to jump and pushing through... that feeling is what I strive for each time I leave the gym or a finish a race.

On the days when I don't want to work out as hard or get up early or even eat a meal that I don't have to prepare, I know I need to remind myself about that feeling that I get.  I wish everyone could know what I'm talking about.

Monday is the next weigh in at the TV studio. I know I've done well, but I'm also anxious to see who's in the lead. Whether or not it's me, I know what I need to keep doing.

This week's reading, I finished Truth by Aleatha Romig (Tony Rawlings! Holy intense!) and Reckless by S.C. Stephens (I love Kellan Kyle).  I still have to write my reviews on Goodreads.  Right now I'm reading Never Too Far by Abbi Glines (Rush! Woods!) I also have still been listening to Pink and have thrown in some of the Glee songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment