There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, March 30, 2013

This is not good-bye

Two Wednesdays ago I had my usual personal training session.  I've been training with Tanya since July both in individual sessions and in Body Blast.  I can call her my friend.  I can't imagine that's the case with all trainers, but we seem to click. :)  She had to give me bad news, and that was that she was leaving the gym at the end of the month.  My next session would be our last together.

This was such bittersweet news.  I'm so so happy for my friend because I know it wasn't an easy decision for her.  She said she's been a trainer there for over three years and has trained lots of clients.  (Of course, I'm her favorite *wink wink*).  I'm bummed out because that means that I will have to get to know a new trainer.  I understand that the other trainer is well qualified and very personable.  But still...

At my last session this week, after training, Tanya and I sat and talked a bit.  We had laughed while working out, mainly over the music that was playing.  "Open Arms" by Journey is a hard one to really go all beast mode to!  And then the song "Goodbye to You" by the Veronicas comes on and I'm like, "Are you kidding me!?"  I didn't want to say goodbye! :(

So as we sat and talked, she told me that I'm going to be amazing the rest of the contest.  She said that I already am and that I've come so far already and that I'm a success story.  And I am still tearing up as I type this.

Tanya isn't just my trainer.  She's also a friend of mine.  She knows a lot about me and she knows to push my limits and knows what I can accomplish.  She listens to my rants and understands the emotional aspect of getting healthy and the learning involved to get there.  I can share my goals and I know she isn't going to belittle what those are.  She is my cheerleader.  And I'm going to miss seeing her every Wednesday at the gym.

But I'm not going to be sad when I start working with Martin, my new trainer.  I'm going to work hard and make sure that I get to where I want to be.  I still have my support system in place and when the going gets tough, I call on those people.  I now get to move Tanya to that list in a different way.

I'm so thankful that I was able to work with Tanya over these last few months.  She had been by my side as I've made progress and has given me a new perspective on personal training.  Anyone who had the chance to work with her is very lucky.

Thank you Tanya.  I can't express enough how grateful I am to all you've done for me.  I love you girl and we'll see each other very soon! <3


1 comment:

  1. I am sure you will find someone great!!! You are an awesome lady, so anyone id very fortunate to train you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete