There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 14, 2013

What About Non Scale Victories?

Last night I did my measurements again with my trainer.  We've been trying to do measurements every 4 to 6 weeks.  Here's my progress:

Assessment 2/6/13               Assessment 3/13/13
Weight: 203.5                      Weight: 189
Body Fat: 36.6%                    Body Fat: 35.3%
Neck: 14.25                          Neck: 14.00
Bicep: 15.5                           Bicep: 15.25
Chest: 40.25                         Chest: 38.00
Waist: 38.25                         Waist: 35.50
Hips: 49.25                           Hips: 46.50
Thigh: 28.00                         Thigh: 26.50
Calf: 18.375                          Calf: 17.00



I can't even believe my own results!!  I can't believe how many inches I've lost! 

Yes, I'm in a contest that is dependent upon scale readings, but I definitely celebrate the Non Scale Victories (NSV) too.  And I'm trying to encourage so many others to do the same.  I don't want my friends to get down on the scale not budging.  I want them to be happy about their clothes being looser, and working out that extra 10 mins, and being able to walk for further, and even just being able to say pass on the unhealthy choice that sits in front of them.  I will celebrate those NSV's right with you!

After my training session, this happened:


My Polar stopped working while I was working with my trainer so I had to adjust and I have no idea how long it wasn't tracking.  I then got on a bike because I had to finish the book I was reading (Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder).  If you've paid attention to my Facebook posts, I could not put this book down.  I had luckily received an Advanced Reader Copy.  So there I sat biking for over an hour.  My arse got sore because those seats are not comfy, but I biked and biked and biked.  Eventually I knew I had to go home and would be able to finish the book in bed.

I'm lucky that I have the support of my husband and kids to be able to do two things that I enjoy, working out and reading.  And it's awesome what can be accomplished when you do the two things together.  

Race weather for Saturday doesn't look wonderful.  I'm still really hoping to finish well under an hour.  Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment