There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I choose happy

I don't know much, but I do know this...


I am choosing to be happy



Since running the TC 10 Miler, a lot has happened.

~~I've been in a slump.  
~~There's a lot of stress at home and at work. 
~~I changed gyms.
~~My hip hurts.
~~I've put on weight.
~~I got sick.
~~I've come to realize that relationships that used to be important, are no longer important to me. I actually don't really like this person right now. I love them, I guess, but I'm so much better without them in my life. 

So where am I going with all this?  I'm not pleased with a lot of things going on in my life right now, but I'm choosing to be happy. I'm not letting myself be a slave to meal tracking and gym workouts. Sure I still meal prep, and try to watch what I snack on, but I'm not obsessed with writing down every little thing that enters my mouth, or every ounce of fluid that I drink that's not water.  Why? Because it was making me UNHAPPY.  And stressed out. :-/

Right now, I'm choosing to do a lot of things that make me happy.  Right now, I'm not busting my ass at the gym for 2 hours at a time, or running on the treadmill over my lunch break, or doing two a days. Instead, I'm choosing to read, and talk to co-workers over my lunch, and spend some extra time with my kids and husband. 

What I've re-learned over the last couple months, is that life isn't static. You can change your mind about things. I can choose to keep doing the same thing over and over (isn't that the definition of insanity?) or I can try something new.

Tomorrow, I'm trying something new.  I don't know that I'll blog about details, but I have the support of my husband and some close friends who I trust with this. Fingers crossed! I'm kinda nervous to be honest.

Sometimes, choosing to be happy means being selfish and  making other people unhappy.  Sometimes, choosing to be happy means that you have to sacrifice. I wish more and more people realize that these things are okay.  I think, sometimes, people want permission to have their own happiness.  People get worried about what other people think and if they will think differently about them should they choose their own happiness. I'm telling those people right now, that sometimes, it's okay to put yourself first. Sometimes, other people are going to be unhappy because you are choosing to be happy yourself.  And as long as you can live with that, it's okay.

I know for some people it's not easy. (Believe me, I know how ugly depression can be.)

I just hope you choose to be happy because you want to be happy. 


4 comments:

  1. Happy happy happy..

    I'm happy to support you in this new chapter.. And in many more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and think you are amazing! I am so happy that YOU are choosing to be happy ;-) I will be here every step of the way xoxo zozo those are Zoe kisses lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you, but my days have been a lot better since making the choice to be happy. I wish you the best, always.

    ReplyDelete